Community Resources: Quincy
GENERAL RESOURCES –
Apply for SNAP For details on SNAP & Unemployment benefits in MA click HERE
ONE PAGE referral list (double-sided) resource page
- Stores That Accept WIC
- Food Pantries List by town
PROJECT BREAD – Call 1-800-645-8333 for the Massachusetts hunger hotline. Can help with filling out SNAP applications
- Fair Foods Two Dollar A Bag Sites 2022
H.I.P. Healthy Incentives Program Do you know about the extra money available for fruits and vegetables using your SNAP card? Click HERE for a DTAFinder.com Tutorial to find HIP locations.
WIC & SNAP Benefits — Making the Most of Your Food and Nutrition Resources
APPLY FOR SNAP For details on SNAP and Unemployment benefits in Massachusetts, click HERE
10-TO-10 Helpline Rather than harming your partner, call the 10-to-10 Helpline at 877-898-3411 or facebook.com/helpline1010.org
PANDEMIC EBT (P-EBT) Pandemic EBT is a special food benefit for families with children eligible for free or reduced price school meals.
NEW WIC FOODS – Effective January 2021
NATIONAL GRID WIC DISCOUNT If you are actively enrolled in our WIC Program, you are eligible for a 32% discount on your monthly utility bill through National Grid!
FREE MOBILE PHONE Assurance Wireless, for low-income households, offers free monthly data, unlimited texting, and free minutes. You may qualify if you or a member of your household participate in MassHealth, SNAP, SSI, Veterans & Survivors Pension
LICENSED CHILD CARE IN MA The Department of Early Education & Care online directory.
INTERNET DISCOUNT Up to $50/month for a broadband service. Up to $100 to purchase a device from participating providers (onetime discount).
CHILD TAX CREDIT FOR 2021 FILING SEASON Families can receive up to $300 a month for every child ages 0-5 and $250 a month for every child ages 6-17 living in their household. Families do not need any earnings to qualify. File taxes by May 17 get Child Tax Credit. Click HERE for the Earned Income Tax Credit Estimator. Click HERE for additional detail from the IRS website.
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Online classes using smartphones and other devices. Serves adult immigrants and others in society who have been marginalized. ESOL training is for those who have recently arrived in the U. S. and need better language and social interaction skills to obtain employment and to live successfully in this country.
WIC General Brochures
WIC Food Guide – JAN 2021 – SEVEN LANGUAGES
ACT EARLY & SUPPORT SERVICES
- MILESTONES MATTER! Track your child’s milestones from age 2 months to 5 years with CDC’s easy-to-use illustrated checklists; get tips from CDC for encouraging your child’s development; and find out what to do if you are ever concerned about how your child is developing.
Family TIES of Massachusetts Resource Guide – Provides information and training for families of children with special health needs or disability (218 page guide).
- Home visiting programs Healthy Families, Young Parent Support and Early Head Start-home based
Health Law Advocates (HLA) is a non-profit public interest law firm whose mission is to improve access to health care for Massachusetts residents with free legal representation. Click HERE to view real life families sharing how HLA has helped them.
- To the moon and Back Caregiver Guide For families caring for babies and children born with in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS), otherwise referred to as utero substance exposure
- HAND HOLD Is your kid just being a kid, or is their behavior something to worry about? Learn about signs to look for and get suggestions on what to do next. Multilingual site with 5 languages
UNEMPLOYMENT & EMPLOYMENT RESOURCES
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) For those not traditionally eligible for unemployment benefits (self-employed, independent contractors, UBER Drivers, etc.) who are unable to work as a direct result of the covid-19 public health emergency.
- MassHire Zoom Live These meetings happen Thursday mornings at 11:00 a.m. and are called Just Jobs and Career Connections.
- MassHire Jobseekers click HERE
- NEIGHBORWORKS HOUSING SOLUTIONS Homeowner and Renter Emergency Grant Assistance for RAFT, ERMA, ERAP – for those that are up to 80% AMI. These services are for the greater Southeastern MA.
- RESIDENTIAL ASSISTANCE TO FAMILIES IN TRANSITION (R.A.F.T.)
- QCAP Housing Programs
- Homeless Prevention Program at Interfaith Social Services
HEALTH INSURANCE, PRESCRIPTIONS & MANAGED CARE
- Health Insurance Through the Massachusetts Health Connector for those who don’t have health insurance
- Taking Care of Your Family — Massachusetts resources, services, and programs to help you and your family.
- Free Prescription Discount Card
- Walgreens Offering RX Home Delivery
- CVS FREE Home Delivery of Rx & Essentials
- COVID19 Health Literacy Project Fact Sheets In 38 Languages! Includes COVID-19 While Pregnant. Material is reviewed and vetted by medical school faculty at the Harvard hospitals
- COVID-19 Testing Sites in Massachusetts
- Buoy Health To Screen COVID-19 Symptions
USDA Discrimination Complaint
WIC Rights and Responsibilities
WIC Eligibility Agreement