ONE OF WIC’S MOST IMPORTANT ROLES is to promote, support and protect breastfeeding for the mothers and babies we serve! While you’re pregnant and after your baby is born, you can meet with a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor or Nutritionist at WIC. This is a good chance to talk with an expert who can answer your questions and give advice. Let WIC’s breastfeeding experts support you every step of the way.
Breastfeeding Promotion and Support in WIC Includes:
- Breast Feeding guidance, counseling, and educational materials
- A greater quantity and variety of foods
- Longer participation in the Program
- Breastfeeding supplies including breast pumps/or referrals
- Professional staff, including Certified Lactation Counselors, International Board Certified Lactation Consultants & Breastfeeding Peer Counselors