ONE OF WIC’S MOST IMPORTANT ROLES is to promote, support and protect breastfeeding for the mothers and babies we serve! Moms everywhere want to give their babies the best start in life. Breastfeeding is an important first step, for both you and your baby. While you’re pregnant and after your baby is born, you can meet with a WIC breastfeeding expert. This is a good chance to talk with someone who can answer your questions and share with you evidence based information. Let WIC’s breastfeeding experts support you every step of the way.
Breastfeeding Promotion and Support in WIC Includes:
- Anticipatory guidance, counseling, and breastfeeding educational materials
- One-on-one or group support options
- A greater quantity and variety of foods
- Longer participation in the Program
- Breastfeeding supplies including breast pumps
- Professional staff, including International Board Certified Lactation Consultants, Certified Lactation Counselors & Breastfeeding Peer Counselors
Click HERE to see how much money you can save with WIC!